- July 5 – The Telephone Line – a Pittsburgh based rock band where soul meets pop, driven by powerhouse vocals and vintage organ vibes
- July 12 – Jenn Gooch – Old time fiddlin’ and stompin’, hollerin’ and strummin’
- July 19 – Jeremy Caywood – A dynamic vocalist who has been writing music since a young age, Jeremy is a Pittsburgh native, proud to share his music with all listeners
- July 26 – Buffalo Rose – Folk and Soulgrass from Pittsburgh, PA
- August 2 – The Lone Pines – The Lone Pines aim to create authentic music that is both relatable on a personal level and enjoyable to listen to
- August 9 – Rightly Noted – Acoustic Americana, bluegrass, folk and country blues; songs you forgot you liked.
- August 16 – Boilermaker Jazz Band – The hot and swinging sounds of the Jazz Age
- August 23 – Squirrel Hillbillies – From deep within the urban forest of Pittsburgh’s East End, the Squirrel Hillbillies often emerge to share their eclectic mix of folk, country and blues
- August 30 – SLB All-Stars with special guests
Hope to see you on each Wednesday in the Park!
Join us for more outdoor concerts in Buhl Community Park starting July 2017. Check back here for details on the lineup soon.
Photo by Marion Brenner
- July 6 – Truth and Rites – TnR is a Roots Reggae band based in Pittsburgh
- July 13 – Mike Why – Beatboxer, vocalist, and maker of funny sounds
- July 20 – City Dwelling Nature Seekers – City Dwelling Nature Seekers is a folk/rock band that has been performing locally and touring for the past 8 years
- July 27 – Meeting of Important People Acoustic! – Pittsburgh-based rock and roll band with a new album called Troika
- August 3 – SLB All Stars – Musicians from the Saturday Light Brigade playing your favorite songs
- August 10 – Lee Robinson and Iska – Exciting, powerful musical journey through jazz styles of contemporary funk, classical and original compositions.
- August 17 – Jakob’s Ferry Stragglers – The Jakob’s Ferry Stragglers draw freely from old-time, bluegrass, country, jazz, rockabilly and swing styles to create their tight, high-energy string band music.
- August 24 – Heather Kropf – Pittsburgh-based artist Heather Kropf has forged a reputation as a talented, dedicated songwriter and performer, producing albums with attention to details that feature some of the city’s best players.
- August 31 – Ben Shannon – Ben Shannon is a performing songwriter in the American folk music tradition.
Hope to see you on July 6 for Truth and Rites!
Thank you to all for a great 2015 Solar Concert Series! Here is a video of the wonderful artists who performed in our Community this Summer.
See you in 2016!
Jon Bindley of Bindley Hardware Co. talks about his musical influences and what it’s like to perform with his friends.
For more on Bindley Hardware Co., visit their Facebook page.
We stopped to chat with the Chiodi Trio, a family americana-bluegrass-jazz band that also performs as part of the Pittsburgh Banjo Club. Watch the video below to learn how the Chiodis got their start as a group.
For more on the Chiodi Trio, visit their website or Facebook page.