- July 6 – Truth and Rites – TnR is a Roots Reggae band based in Pittsburgh
- July 13 – Mike Why – Beatboxer, vocalist, and maker of funny sounds
- July 20 – City Dwelling Nature Seekers – City Dwelling Nature Seekers is a folk/rock band that has been performing locally and touring for the past 8 years
- July 27 – Meeting of Important People Acoustic! – Pittsburgh-based rock and roll band with a new album called Troika
- August 3 – SLB All Stars – Musicians from the Saturday Light Brigade playing your favorite songs
- August 10 – Lee Robinson and Iska – Exciting, powerful musical journey through jazz styles of contemporary funk, classical and original compositions.
- August 17 – Jakob’s Ferry Stragglers – The Jakob’s Ferry Stragglers draw freely from old-time, bluegrass, country, jazz, rockabilly and swing styles to create their tight, high-energy string band music.
- August 24 – Heather Kropf – Pittsburgh-based artist Heather Kropf has forged a reputation as a talented, dedicated songwriter and performer, producing albums with attention to details that feature some of the city’s best players.
- August 31 – Ben Shannon – Ben Shannon is a performing songwriter in the American folk music tradition.
Hope to see you on July 6 for Truth and Rites!
Thank you to all for a great 2015 Solar Concert Series! Here is a video of the wonderful artists who performed in our Community this Summer.
See you in 2016!
Jon Bindley of Bindley Hardware Co. talks about his musical influences and what it’s like to perform with his friends.
For more on Bindley Hardware Co., visit their Facebook page.
We stopped to chat with the Chiodi Trio, a family americana-bluegrass-jazz band that also performs as part of the Pittsburgh Banjo Club. Watch the video below to learn how the Chiodis got their start as a group.
For more on the Chiodi Trio, visit their website or Facebook page.
The 7th Annual Solar Concert Series continues a wonderful season of family-friendly weekly concerts in Buhl Community Park, across from Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh.
Solar concerts are held every Wednesday at 12:15 pm in July and August. Bring your lunch and enjoy live music outdoors, amplified by a solar-powered sound system. Shows are for kids and families, working folks on a lunch break, neighbors – everyone! There are tables and chairs in the park, we provide blankets, and feel free to cool off in the nearby Cloud Arbor.
The rain location is inside the Children’s Museum.
See the Solar Concert Series 2014 lineup here.
Hope to see you there!
Solar Concert Series is a project of The Saturday Light Brigade Radio Productions, Inc., Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and the New Hazlett Theater.
Mark Dignam & Son – Aug 2013
Greetings, Solar supporters! Who came out this past Wednesday to enjoy the musical stylings of Mark Dignam and son? Ireland native Mark has performed with The Swell Season, David Gray, Billy Bragg, Joan Armatrading and Richard Thompson, and now right here, in Buhl Community Park! Stay tuned for video, but if you missed the show- check him out here!
And don’t forget to join us in the park again next Wednesday, for the super-charged jams of Josh and Gab!
Now if you don’t know ’em- Josh Verbanets is an award-winning songwriter, singer and musician. Gab Bonesso is a nationally renowned comedian, performer and comedy writer. Together, they have developed a unique and unforgettable live anti-bullying musical comedy program for kids of all ages. Josh and Gab’s performances use humor, original songs, interactive exercises and energetic storytelling to create a fun and heartfelt program.
To learn how to bring Josh and Gab’s anti-bullying show to your school or community event, visit https://pittsburghkids.org/education/outreach/large-assembly-programs.
We’ll see you, there!